Wednesday, December 26, 2012

 




© roy ballard 2012



 
 
Within a faded attic of the mind
I saw you; it was dusty with despair,
with dry, dead leaves on flowers left behind,
with bleaching silk and curtains, half-drawn blinds
and then I thought saw you standing there
within this faded attic in my mind.

I saw you there but words I could not find;
too many words had flown and left me bare,
like leaves that wilt on flowers left behind.
You called my name and whispered something kind;
your cherished voice sang in the arid air
within a faded attic of the mind.

Love lost for words grows empty and confined
to hang on what a wilted stem can bear
like leaves that dry on flowers left behind,
like flower buds that never did unwind
for vanished seasons left them hanging there,
within a faded attic of the mind.

No comments: